To teach musicianship skills for a lifetime of musical enjoyment. To impart, to each student, a complete and quality music education.
Teacher Goal: To share, with each student, the desire to make music an important part of their life and encourage every student to reach their highest potential in a caring and comfortable environment.
Teacher Credentials: Bachlors Degree from Utah State University, Advanced Certificate in Piano Performance from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in London, Nationally Certified Teacher of Music through the Music Teachers National Association. Classes at Berklee School of Music
Piano coaches, Ilana Mysior, Sheila Lowery Ferguson, Dr. Hiromi Ohmori, Dr. Yelana Balabanova. Thirty years of teaching experience.
Professional Solo and Accompaniment in USA, Japan and South Korea.
Current Projects: KEYBAND! USA Federated Music Club, Co-founder of Colorado Composes Project, NFMC Western Region Composer Chairman, CSMTA Composition Competition Chairman.
The studio is affiliated with the following professional organizations: Music Teachers National Association, National Federation of Music Clubs, National Association for Music Education, KEYBAND! USA, Colorado Composes Project.
- Private instruction for students of all ages.
- Group theory and keyboard ensemble classes for Elementary aged Beginners and Intermediate level students.
- KEYBAND! programs for Elementary Aged Studetns
- Teaching music theory, composition and improvisation.
- Special events for young composers such as Composes in PJ's.
Instruments and Features
- Two acoustic pianos, C-6 Yamaha Grand and one studio upright
- Two Yamaha Clavinova digital pianos
- Eight Yamaha PSR keyboards
- Computer, iPad and lab center for composition, theory drills and creative work
- Music Theory area and drum center